Sunday, February 20, 2011

Garlic Prawns

This is one of my favourite dishes. A Spanish-style dish, it combines the seafood taste of prawns with the a sauce based on garlic and paprika.




a good "glug" of olive oil
3/4 - 1 kg prawns
3-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped - add more if you like garlic
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup of white wine
1 tsp smoked paprika
1⁄2 tsp chilli pepper (to taste)
4 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
salt and fresh ground pepper
  • Peel and devein the prawns.
  • In a wide, shallow pan over high heat, heat the olive oil; add the prawns, then add the garlic and sauté quickly for about 2-3 minutes.Add the garlic at a point when the prawns are half cooked so they garlic doesn't blacken.
  • Add the lemon juice, paprika, chilli pepper, wine and salt and pepper to taste. Adjust all of these to your liking.
  • Finally, transfer the garlic prawns to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Recipes Online! I do hope that you enjoy my food! I very much appreciate your comments.

Thank you for dropping by and I hope to see you back ;-)