Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pimentón Spiced Pork Kebabs

I love Spanish chorizo. Recently, when I bought some pork mince, I decided to spice the pork with pimentón (Spanish paprika) and make some kebabs which taste similar to fresh chorizo. Here is my recipe.

1kg pork mince
100g bacon, chopped
3 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tbsp Spanish paprika, preferably the ahumido (smoked) variety
1 tsp dried red chilli powder
50ml dry white wine
1 tsp salt
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
24 bamboo skewers

Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water.

Place the pork mince in a mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients (not the skewers!) and knead thoroughly by hand. Cover the mixture with cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavours to cure and develop.

Remove the bamboo skewers from the water and pat dry. Take a handful of the mixture and shape it into a sausage shape about 1.5cm wide by rolling it by hand. Thread a skewer through the shape to form a kebab, carefully pressing the sausage shape onto the skewer.

Cook the kebabs over a barbecue or in a grill pan on the stove. Serve with a chutney or caramelised onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Recipes Online! I do hope that you enjoy my food! I very much appreciate your comments.

Thank you for dropping by and I hope to see you back ;-)